Individuals working in Healthcare play an essential role in the lives of not just those in their care, but that person’s family as well. Every employee plays a valuable role in enhancing the lives of residents and meeting their basic human needs. With the retirement of the Baby Boomer generation, the need for more healthcare professionals is on the rise. However, not everyone is cut out for this line of work.
Just like most professions, possessing the right traits increases your chances of success in your chosen field. At Wesley Enhanced Living, we seek individuals who will be fully committed to our mission, our vision, and our values. It all comes down to doing the right thing and finding ways to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents.
Traits of Successful Healthcare Professionals include:
- Compassion – Being sensitive to the feelings of others and showing concern for what they are experiencing shows that you care. It is important to always to be kind, respectful, and willing to help others.
- Communication Skills – The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people from your resident to their family to their medical staff is critical. Being able to actively listen to others and thoughtfully consider the best way to share information is very important. Strong written and verbal communication is necessary and so is the way you communicate through body language.
- Detail-Oriented – When you work with someone daily, you get to know them and their habits. By getting to know your residents you are better able to detect emotional or physical changes that will allow you to identify concerns before they may become larger issues. Every detail counts especially when updating a resident’s protected health information.
- Problem Solving Skills – The ability to identify information necessary to make an informed decision and offer solutions. Using good judgement and considering all options before acting or reacting to a situation. It is important to be proactive or take preventative measures to reduce or eliminate a situation before it becomes a problem.
- Ambition to Learn – Be willing to never stop learning. With constant enhancements to technology, new techniques, and the ever changing regulatory environment healthcare professionals face, continuing to learn critical to your success.
- Flexibility – It is important to be able to adapt to unexpected situations when they occur. Doing something different or outside of your normal routine to help a coworker or resident is a great way to build trust and loyalty. Picking up extra shifts when needed also shows reliability and dedication to residents.
- High Ethical Standards – Demonstrating honesty, fairness, dignity, and respect for others. Protecting resident rights and doing the right thing are critical.
At Wesley Enhanced Living, we seek to attract those committed to doing the right thing – in recognizing and fulfilling our responsibilities to our mission, each other, and the broader community with Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Our approach to serving and caring for our residents is done in a manner consistent with these values and the high standards that our foundation was built upon.
If you possess these traits and are committed to doing the right thing, Join Us and we will make a difference together!