Every day, we have the great ability to spread Kindness. Simple gestures, thoughtful words, showing compassion, helping others, these are all simple acts of Kindness that can impact someone’s day in a positive way! Think about a time when you observed someone doing something Kind for someone else. How did it make you feel? Isn’t it interesting that the Kindness you witnessed made a positive impression on you?
You see, when someone does a Kind act, it has a ripple effect. I have seen these ripples first hand and was amazed how one simple act of Kindness impacted everyone who observed it. It encouraged others to also act in Kindness.
In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND
It does not take a lot to be kind to someone else. It is simple, and by choosing Kindness every day, you will find that you will be happier and have a more positive outlook on things. Here are some ideas to get you started…
- Look for a way to compliment another person. This is not about throwing around loose words. Instead, be on the lookout for a way to authentically compliment a person.
- Hold the door open for someone. Instead of beating a co-worker to the door so you can rush on through, get there first and let them go in ahead of you.
- Donate your time to a community event. Volunteering is a fantastic way to honor others and feel good about yourself.
- Smile. Yes, something as simple as a smile can make a co-worker or resident’s day. Besides, it takes more facial muscles to frown than to smile. So, go ahead and smile!
- Say “Thank You!” A little common courtesy and manners can go a long way to brighten someone’s day. It lets them know their efforts have been noticed.
- Celebrate others’ successes. Be genuinely happy for other people when they are recognized for their efforts. Celebrate whole-heartedly with them.
We encounter countless opportunities to Be Kind in our day to day lives. If you look for ways to Be Kind you will find them. Choose to Be Kind whenever and where ever possible.
At Wesley Enhanced Living, we are committed to proving an environment where Kindness, Compassion, and Respect are at the core of everything we do. If you want to make a compelling difference in the lives of others, are enthusiastic about life-long learning, and are seeking employment where your strengths will be valued, then please learn more about Wesley Enhanced Living’s career opportunities.